As a working student for quality assurance & tests for AI robotics, you will assure the quality and functionality of our products and features by testing these on a regular basis. You represent the user by putting an emphasis on the overall user experience between our mobile UI and an intuitive user interaction with the robot. You continuously drive our test capabilities by specifying test cases jointly with the product and development teams, ideally implementing these into our automated test environment. You will coordinate test sessions, create tickets in case of errors and UX improvement ideas, and make sure that critical issues and feedback is communicated to the right stakeholders (e.g., product, development). You will be an integral part to our overall success by defining and developing the testing strategy and test cases.
- Collaborate closely with the software and machine learning teams, identifying issues and means to solve them.
- Push out test automation efforts in terms of solution implementation while also establishing a process.
- Cooperate with the machine learning team to improve reliability and technical functionality of skills.
- Work on definition of test cases and scenarios in the specification process of product features with the product team.
- Improve product features (usability, functionality) based on feedback and user testing.
- Represent the user perspective and voice in trials and user tests for new releases and product features.
- Enrollment as a student (bachelor, master), ideally studying in the technical domain, e.g., IT and SW development, mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Familiarity with android mobile devices and their usability (ideally also with iOS devices).
- Self-starter that brings structure to your work and tasks.
- A sharp eye for visual details and the user perspective.
- Playfulness and creativity to see around the corner and identify issues and potential problems that are beyond the obvious view.
- Good communication and ability to coordinate between different stakeholders (software team, product team, machine learning team).
- Result- and solution-oriented way of working.
- Proven affinity and enthusiasm for working with new technologies.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. German is a plus.
- Experience with bug tracking and/or test management tools.
- Demonstrable interest in AI and robotics.
- First understanding of one or more of the following domains: test scripts, test automation, jira or other ticketing or test trackers, machine vision, robotics.
Micropsi Industries is a robotics software company that brings artificial intelligence to robots. We make a product called MIRAI, a first-of-its-kind robot control system that, using machine learning, supplies industrial robots with the capacity to perceive their work environment and adapt to changing conditions. MIRAI can be used in manufacturing, lab automation, logistics, and other fields. Through MIRAI, Micropsi Industries enables automation where automation was previously not viable, making factories more productive, workspaces more ergonomic, and businesses more resilient.
Ours is a curious, friendly, no-nonsense team that relishes finding elegant solutions to tough problems, be they technical, mathematical, strategic, or design-related. We like to learn for the sake of learning. We put a premium on personal development.
Micropsi Industries comprises more than 40 people, among them robotics engineers, software engineers, cognitive scientists, business developers, and designers. We are headquartered in Berlin, and we have an office in Brooklyn. The company is backed by Project A Ventures, Coparion, Vito Ventures, M Ventures, Amplifier, as well as a group of experienced business angels from Munich and Berlin.